Friday, April 12, 2013

6 week US



So today was the second ultrasound and they corrected their mistake on calculating the gestational age wrong, so now I am 6 weeks which is what I thought I was.  My HCG level has risen nicely to 9,328, my progesterone was 33,  and estrogen was 203.

To the actual US, my mom and sister got to join me which was nice :). The good news is it is definitely one little bean in there! It's bittersweet but a relief from the worries that would have came with twins (for me at least). So the doctor said he could identify the amniotic sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole but no heartbeat yet. I immediately got upset. I thought this meant it wasn't a viable pregnancy but he assured me that it's 50/50 to hear the heartbeat at 6 weeks and that if I came back tomorrow we probably could have heard it since there was a fetal pole (that pissed me off because they don't do pregnancy scans on weekends). But oh well I am sure everything is fine, I will go back on Tuesday for another US and hopefully see the little blueberry's heartbeat!


How far along? 6 weeks 
How big is baby? Blueberry 
Total weight gain/loss: None
Maternity Clothes: Not wearing them yet but bought a few things with my sister today.
Have you started to show yet? Not yet, just bloated belly
Sleep: I can't get enough!
Best moment this week: Seeing the fetal pole and yolk sac on US
Miss Anything? Caffeine, and lunch meat
Movement: None
Food Cravings: Ice cream
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope
Gender prediction:  Would love a girl but I think it is a boy
Symptoms: Tired and sore boobs.
Major purchases this week? None
Looking forward to: Next US Tuesday for heartbeat

1 comment:

  1. Woot, woot! I'm so happy for you two and you need not worry about the heartbeat. We didn't hear Gracie's heartbeat until the end of week 7 and that seems to be the norm for most babies.

    I can't wait for your next update. :)

    ReplyDelete