Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I never thought...

I never thought…. I would miss being pregnant so much. As I sit here starring at my beautiful sleeping baby, I miss feeling her from the inside. I find myself watching videos of her kicks/flips. I miss my belly. I also miss the excuse for being "fat" lol. I am already thinking about baby number two! I must be crazy considering I had a fairly complicated pregnancy!! But before that I have to lose at least 50lbs!


Speaking of second pregnancy…. I called California Cryobank to see if our donor had vials available to store. And he doesn't, which stinks. but for now we are on the list to be called if vials become available (via the buy back). Our plan is to try again once Reese is out of diapers. If there are no vials available by then we will explore the option to have CCB contact him to come back. Which is $1,750! And that's not including the cost of sperm, storage, or shipping etc. But I do feel it's important for Reese to share a donor with her future sibling. For many reasons… medically and emotionally. But at the same time I know that it's not that HUGE of a deal if they can't. I do not share the same father as either of my brothers and I look at them as full siblings.

On to another subject… returning to work. UGH I do NOT want to! Slowly but surely we are figuring out babysitting plans for Reese, and I will not lie, I am very nervous to leave her. I haven't left her for more than 6 hours this far. I am hoping between my mom, sister, roommate and potentially a hired sitter we can have everything covered. I go back February 24th, and I am also nervous about going back after such a long time out. I have been out since I was 36 weeks pregnant. I so wish I could go part time! I don't think I would want to be a stay at home mom, I would go stir crazy but I would love to go part time!

For now I am enjoying the time I have with my baby girl. Even though I am terribly sleep deprived lol. She has regressed a bit these past few nights (not sleeping much at all)! ANY TIPS AND TRICKS FOR GETTING A BABY TO SLEEP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I am not even looking for "through the night," I'll take 3 - 4 hours at a time. But she barely gives me that. I have tried increasing her night feed and adding organic oatmeal to help with her GERD (on top of her Zantac). She sleeps on her belly when she does sleep (she won't sleep any other way). I know that's not the best but thankfully I have an apnea/video monitor. She hates to be swaddled, so that's out. UGH, I don't know what else to do. Momma's out there, HELP!

2 comments:

  1. Boo had HORRIBLE reflux up until fairly recently (yes, at 8 months it is finally clearing up a bit) and we found that placing a folded blanket under her mattress to create about a 30 degree incline helped a lot. She lays on her belly because the reflux makes acids come up into her airway and when laying on her back it gives off a choking sensation that is startling to babies. Also could be why she is waking often through the night. Another tip that worked for us was a white noise machine. Very soothing for the little ones. Good luck!!! She is simply precious. And I kinda love that you are already thinking of Baby #2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about missing being pregnant. I have felt that lately. I think its more being able to feel her from inside. Such a beautiful thing. We have talked about baby #2 since before we even got pregnant with #1, LOL! We want to wait until Harper is at least two and we get to spend some good quality time with her.

    ReplyDelete