Thursday, January 10, 2013

Finally no more birth control pill for me... For now at least!

Well I started my new job in the NICU at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia this week :)! I definitely made the right choice, I love it (my job and of course the tiny babies).

So my appointment on Monday at RMA went well (for egg donation to gay male couple in France). My estradiol level was 36 which is normal. They told me to stop the birth control pill, YAY! I have to say this getting my period every two weeks kind of blows! I have another appointment before work tomorrow morning at RMA. But the good news is I should be starting the injectable hormones tomorrow night as long as my blood work and ultrasound are normal. This will be nice to be able to get practice for when it is my wife's turn for our IVF.

My wife and I bought the book "And Tango Makes Three" for the couple I am donating my eggs to. I also made personalized onesies and bibs that say, "J'aime mes deux Papas" which means, "I love my two dads" in French :)! Since I am an unknown donor until the potential child turns 18 we simply wrote from "B&C." The agency I am going through said it was okay to do this and they will send it to them for us. I just thought this is something nice for them. I am sure this journey has not been easy for them and as soon to be same sex parents it will be nice for them to feel some pride :).

Well that's all for now I suppose. I will post a small update regarding my visit to RMA tomorrow and take photos of all of the medications they have me going on for the rest of the egg donation! As well as how my first round of injections go tomorrow night! Wish me luck. Peace, love and baby dust to all! <3


Here is a picture of the bib and onesie I made :)

No comments:

Post a Comment