Monday, January 14, 2013

Let it burn...

Hi there! All is going well with egg donation. Had my first set of blood work and my first US yesterday since I have started the injectable hormones. The doctor said there are 30 follicles present but that is not a definite number for retrieval. My estrogen was 304, progesterone was 0.2, an LH was 0.8 from yesterday's blood work. They changed my dosage for Gonal-f to 112.5 units and I am still taking two vials of menopur every night. My next appointment is tomorrow for bloodwork and US.

Is it just me... Or does Menopur burn when going in!? I am not a wimp when it comes to needles and the Gonal-f does not hurt one bit for me. So I am thinking it's got to be that darn menopur! I have had shots in the ass before (Lupron) and they are painless but I must say this whole "belly injection" thing is for the birds! I am looking forward to this being over (for me) next week! Lol I'm done complaining now.

My wife got to join me for my last appointment. We were laughing at the thoughts of her going through this process. She said, "Is that a condom on that ultrasound probe?" I replied, "Yes." She then continued to say, "Wow it's been a very long time since I have had one of those inside of me!" Of course then the doctor walks in and we are both beat red and laughing! Oh my it's never a dull moment!

Stay tuned will write a small update tomorrow after my appointment.

Oh and good news we have our first appointment for out IVF journey, it is January 29, 2013 at 12:30pm :)!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad I found your blog! Me and my wife sound very similar to you guys! We are also doing reciprocal ivf and are just starting! Can't wait to follow you on your journey and cheer y'all on!
    Lezbmommies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Super exciting! Goodluck to you and I will be following you as well :)!

    ReplyDelete