Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beta


Well I think we took enough pregnancy tests to know we are in fact, pregnant. I am in disbelief. I feel incredibly blessed that this worked on the first try. And I was warned that once I get pregnant my new worry would be "how to stay pregnant." And that has officially sunk in. Of course it does not help that  I have read all of the horror stories about early misscarrages. Or partial miscarriages of one out of two babies. That is my fear. I will take one or two. I just want a healthy pregnancy. I would have these worries regardless but I think working in the NICU heightens them. I see the worst of the worst. And I hope and pray my baby or babies can hang tight until term.

One thing that is weird to me is that technically I am 4 weeks preggo already lol. Especially doing IVF makes me feel like I cheated, but in reality they count the extra two weeks for everyone. My due date for one baby is December 5, 2013. My due date for two babies is November 12, 2013.

Well to our beta HCG results today, it was 64.8 and since I am 10dp3dt they are happy with that. Our next beta is on Saturday morning. They said they want to make sure it's at least 50% higher by then which should be 97.2, fingers crossed! Our first US will be sometime next week if the beta numbers are doubling appropriately.

BIG THANKS TO "Sea" from the blog "beginningfromthestart" she made the beautiful banner for our blog :)!


How far along? 4 weeks 
How big is baby? Poppyseed 
Total weight gain/loss: None
Maternity Clothes: Not yet
Have you started to show yet? Not yet
Sleep: The tiredness has begun. I wake up at night to pee at least once.
Best moment this week: Seeing the positive pregnancy tests!!
Miss Anything? Soda
Movement: None
Food Cravings: Just food in general, I can't seem to eat enough. 
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nothing specific but I got my first wave of nausea today.
Gender prediction: If twins one of each, if one a boy
Symptoms: Tired some nausea otherwise great!
Major purchases this week? None
Looking forward to: Our next beta Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooooo exciting! So happy girls! Fingers crossed for next beta doubling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on blogs...have been a bit sick (morning sickness)! A huge huge congratulations to you both! I'm so so excited! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete